"Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." - Hebrews 1:3
The above verse used in Sam's excellent message yesterday morning is a wonderful reminder that our Saviour, Christ Jesus, fully God and fully human, completed the work and cried 'It is finished.' Looking to this week may we acknowledge our Lord demands, directs, desires and deserves our worship.
As you will be able to see from image on the left, the Authentic Christianity Seminar had a turn out that surpassed expectations. With around 120 youth in attendance, the seminar was a beneficial day of teaching, learning and fellowship.
1 Timothy Wrap-Up - 2 Timothy
This week our 1 Timothy teaching series wound to a close. Andrew Ussher led us through a wrap-up session looking at all that we have learned and appreciated from this challenging book. You can find the audio from this message available for download here. In upcoming Wednesday nights we will be fast-forwarding a number of years in Paul's life to the second letter to Timothy. We are excited about all that we will learn and appreciate from Paul's pastoral heart, and genuine care for Timothy.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
- Lena's Mother, Antoinetta, has passed away at age 94. Her health has been declining for the last 2 years. The visitation hours will be Monday 2-4pm and 7-9pm at the Bernado Funeral Home, 2960 Dufferin Street. The funeral will be at St Norbert's Catholic Church at 10am on Tuesday. (100 Regent Rd.)
- Rob and Karen Chiappetta will be leaving Langstaff as the are moving to the Bolton area. We will greatly miss Rob and Karen and wish them every blessing for their new home and journey in the Lord.
- This Wednesday evening will be designated to labeling calendars for distribution in the area local to the assembly. There are around 6,000 calendars to be labeled, please be exercised to attend and contribute to this work. The evening will begin at the usual time of 7.15pm.
- David and Daisy Tong, and their daughter Hilary, have expressed a desire to be received into fellowship. We welcome them to the Langstaff family - they will officially be received this coming Lord's day.
- Click here for a flyer for the Unionville assembly's Moms & Tots hour on Wednesdays at 10am. Please encourage any mothers and their children to attend. It is a great outreach and a great chance to fellowship with other Moms!
The prayer requests will now be circulated via the members section. Please log onto the members site regularly in order to be up to date with the prayer needs of the individuals in our assembly.