Congratulations to all for making it through the first week of January. The realities of work, school, and responsibility have come crashing back in and you've survived the first week. It is fitting that after a week back to work we would hear from our brother Mr. Marisette about the passage in Matthew 11:29. We were reminded of the beautiful words of the Lord Jesus who said "Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart and you shall find rest unto your souls" The only place we can truly find rest is in service of the Lord Jesus! As you serve him this week here are some activities going on this week that you can keep in mind.
- Andrew Ussher spoke in Youth Ministry tonight. He spoke about whether we are serving God or Money. The notes from the sermon as well as the audio from the message can be found by clicking here.
- This Wednesday night (Jan 14) we will be hearing from Joel Griffin on the Lord’s work in Angola. The meeting will start at our regular time of 7:15 and will be concluded by 8:15 or 8:30 at the latest – hopefully making it easier for any who may have school work or young children.
- We've started using YouTube to upload some of our messages. We are able to also link these through to the website. Check out one of the first included in the effort by clicking here.
- A special request has been made regarding the Sunday afternoon refreshments – please move away from the main table once you have gotten your food and drinks, leaving room for others to get into the table behind you.
- This Saturday night at 7PM will be the first Langstaff Youth Bible Study session for the 2015 season. These sessions will be held twice per month and are intended to kids high-school age and higher. All who fall into this age category are very welcome and are encouraged to attend
- Please check the members site for some new prayer requests and thank you letters that have been posted.
- Don’t forget the Winter Community Outreach Weekend planned for January 24-25. Postcard invitations are available at the hall – feel free to take and use as many as you profitably can! There is also a pdf version of the invitation that can be attached to an e-mail for you to send along to friends and family. You can get the pdf file by clicking here.
Those are all the announcements for this week. Enjoy the week and as always, should there be any questions please feel free to use the contact us link you can find above!