As we head into the Christmas season it is a very exciting time of year. We recognize that at Christmas the central theme is the birth of Christ. At Langstaff we appreciate that the person of Christ is at the center of all that we do. Therefore we greatly enjoy celebrating the truth that he came into this world. You can continue reading to see the upcoming events for this month of December as well a recap of what went on in November.
December to come
The month of December is one that is filled with personal commitments and family events. Langstaff greatly enjoys this time of year and as such we have a number of events planned for the holiday season:
- The annual Sunday School Christmas program will take place on December 13th. The Sunday School teachers, the children, and their parents have all been hard at work preparing an exciting program. David Zuidema will also be joining us from New Jersey. All are welcome to come and join us at noon.
- David Zuidema will be staying around for the monthly Youth ministry meeting. We look forward to having him and young and old are welcome to join at 8pm on Sunday the 13th.
- The Faith's Firm Foundation series will be continuing into the next month with messages on the 2nd, 9th, and 16th. These messages will take be taken by Sam Moore and Bryan Joyce and will cover the topics of justification, adoption, and redemption respectively. To hear the messages that have already been spoken please click here.
The month of November was a busy one as we wrapped up a number of different activities for the year. Below you will find some of the activities as well as some photos of what went on.
- The Tuesday evening Kids Club drew to a close for the year. Many children were present along with their parents for an enjoyable pizza supper and message from Michael DaSilva.
- A number of High School students enjoyed the final Friday Evening gym night for the year by playing a fun game of volleyball as well as basketball prior to hearing a short gospel message.
- The Youth Bible Study also drew to a close for the year with a great pizza supper. A number of the young people were joined by their friends. After the pizza supper the young people played some games and Paul Ussher spoke to them about the significance of the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Here are some pictures of the events past. Should you have a desire to know more or to be involved in any of the activities mentioned above feel free to contact us here.