For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6
The 1st of December has finally come upon us! This month will bring busyness, an increase in workload for those of us in School; and possibly even stress as we organise our holiday season ahead of us. May we start our week, and therefore our month with a continual dependance on our mighty God, our everlasting Father, and importantly in this season, the Prince of Peace. We were graciously reminded this Lord's Day to keep our quiet times active, and to prioritize our time with the Lord. Let us start this month how we intend to finish, with our eyes set on the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the reason for the season.
YOUTH WORK UPDATE:
The Tuesday night kids club ended for this fall term this past Tuesday, with a pizza supper and a good number of parents out to listen to an excellent message from Michael Da Silva Jr. Also, the Friday night gym night ended for 2014 this past Friday with great attendance, and a good message from Paul Ussher. This past week had 11 unsaved youth out. Please note that both of these assembly activities will be on break over the holiday period. Both will start up again in January.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
- Following Andrew Ussher's ministry this Lord's Day, if you are interested in reading the letters of thanks from the various missionaries Langstaff has supported and those we have commended, please find the link here.
- The Wednesday night meeting will be lead by Michael Da Silva Jr. It will commence at our usual time of 7.15pm. Please click here to download the outline.
- The missionary prayer meeting last week was beneficial for all in attendance. Paul Marisette enlightened us of the work in Malaysia of brother John See and his family. The slides for this presentation will be up on the website shortly. It gives insight as to how to pray specifically for the Lord's work in Malaysia.
- The Sunday School Treat will be December 14th in the will of the Lord. There are practices for the kids on the 7th and the 13th of December. If you have children involved in this, please be diligent in helping them learn their part and lines, and to assure they attend all rehearsals.
- There are sign-up sheets at the back of the Hall for the Treat cakes and also Lord's Day break snacks. Please put your name down if you are able to help with either of these needs.
- The next Bethany sing is on the 28th of December. A few of the assembly will be out of the city, so please mark this in your diary's so you can be prepared to attend.
- Grand Bend assembly are hosting 2 weekend of teaching sessions with Brian Kember and Stephen Vance on 'How to Study your Bible'. Please find the flyer here, and be in touch with the contact on the flyer to allow them to be prepared for the numbers in attendance.
The prayer requests are available on the members website. Please click here to be redirected to the prayer lists. It is good to be up to date with the prayer needs of the individuals in our assembly.
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints." Ephesians 6:18